The Top 10 Best Battery Powered Toothbrushes for a Whiter Smile
Battery powered toothbrushes are excellent for achieving a cleaner mouth with less effort.
Battery powered toothbrushes are a type of electric toothbrush that runs on replaceable batteries, instead of recharging.
Some battery powered toothbrushes are disposable, while other have replaceable heads for long-term use.
Just like most electric toothbrushes, they have been proven to be superior in removing plaque and reducing Gingivitis in less time and with less effort than you would find using a manual toothbrush.
You should value your dental and oral hygiene because oral health promotes your overall health. We’ve assembled a list of our top 10 picks for best battery powered toothbrushes just for you.
First, we’d like to go over our top three picks-
We chose the Philips Sonicare Powerup Battery Powered Toothbrush to be our top pick because it's simple, effective, and fuss-free.
The toothbrush has one power setting for cleaning teeth, runs of replaceable AA batteries, shuts off after the recommended 2 minutes of use, and the brush heads are completely replaceable.
For our second choice, we chose the Oral-B Pulsar 3D White Battery Powered Toothbrush because it’s a great disposable battery powered option.
The brush is very basic but provides a better clean than similar manual brushes. The brush pulsates to help gently clean your teeth and gums.
This toothbrush is for those who enjoy the portability and dispersibility of manual toothbrushes but want to achieve the benefits of using an electric toothbrush.
We also chose the Spinbrush Truly Radiant Battery Powered Toothbrush for our third pick because of it’s excellent for deep cleaning, has elongated bristles for getting in between teeth, and offers a sturdy design for users.
Not only that, but the toothbrush also features an oscillating head, color wear bristles, and interchangeable toothbrush heads and batteries.
What Does a Good Battery Powered Toothbrush Have?
- Good Motor
- Softer Bristles
- Good Grip
- Smaller Head
- VARIED BRISTLES
Always take care to note the kind of motor. Since battery powered toothbrushes require battery replacements to run, you should also check the type of batteries you’ll need, and whether or not the first set is included.
A softer brush will work well for cleaning your teeth, which is why soft to medium brushes are recommended for most adults, while soft bristles are always recommended for children and those with sensitivities.
One of the benefits of choosing an electric toothbrush is that the heads are replaceable and often interchangeable, allowing you to adjust the brush to suit your needs.
If you have sensitive teeth or Periodontitis, you’ll also want to look for longer bristles that clean in between teeth, in addition to being soft.
Good battery powered toothbrushes will have grips or may be formed to fit your hand, making it easier to hold.
You’ll also want to look at a toothbrush with a handle that’s long enough and flexible enough to reach all the parts of your mouth.
A smaller toothbrush head is better for cleaning the hard-to-reach areas of your mouth and gums. Don’t forget to clean your tongue too!
It’s best to look for varied domed or rippled bristles that can clean on the surface, around, and in-between teeth.
Don’t forget to choose a battery-powered toothbrush that you like! There are lots of options for color and design out there to suit everyone.
Top 10 Best Battery Powered Toothbrushes
1. Philips Sonicare Powerup Battery Powered Toothbrush
This toothbrush is great if you’re looking for a great and easy clean. Equipped with a 2-minute timer, this battery powered brush leaves all of the guesswork out of the equation.
The brush head the device comes with has medium bristles, ideal for general cleaning for a firm clean that’s gentle on enamel and gums.
There’s only one clean setting, which is great for everyday oral maintenance.
The Philips Sonicare Powerup Battery Powered toothbrush is an excellent option for value simply clean teeth. This brush is also safe to be used on braces and dental restorations.
- Replaceable batteries and toothbrush heads
- Medium bristles
- Domed bristles
- Medium bristles may not be soft enough for all users
- Loud and Vibrates the handle
2. Oral-B Pulsar 3D White Battery Powered Toothbrush
If you’re not sure you want to give up your manual brush or you want something that will clean your teeth better without having to commit to an electric toothbrush, this brush could be right for you.
It has the style and feel of a manual toothbrush, while also providing a better electric clean. It’s also light like a manual brush. The brush only has a general clean setting that comes on when you switch the device on.
The bristles of the brush are uniquely gentle and pulsate to provide an excellent clean.
The brush is non-reusable and should be disposed of every 3 months. This option is not only commitment-free but inexpensive and easy to travel with.
- Electric cleaning
- Excellent for traveling
- Batteries may die quickly and are not replaceable
- Larger brush head- May not suit some users for more precise cleaning
3. ARM & HAMMER Spinbrush Truly Radiant Battery Powered Toothbrush
If you need a reliable toothbrush for your dental cleaning needs, then the Spinbrush Truly Radiant Battery Powered Toothbrush may be right for you.
The brush has soft, elongated bristles for cleaning each individual tooth with extra care and detail, with a simple on and off setting at a set high power level and oscillating bristles for optimal plaque removal.
The brush head is dual action, has varied bristles, and can be replaced every 3 months or as needed. For the economical price, this basic battery powered toothbrush is a good choice.
- Soft, elongated bristles
- High powered and Tough on stains
- Replaceable batteries and toothbrush heads
- Bulky and Heavy
- Very loud
4. Colgate Kids Fresh N' Protect Sonic Battery-Powered Toothbrush
Struggling to encourage your kids to brush their teeth every day? This sonic toothbrush may be able to help.
Kids tend to brush more willingly and regularly with battery powered electric toothbrushes because it’s faster, less effort, and it’s fun because the pulsations tickle their teeth!
With this toothbrush, you have a simple on and off switch even very young children can operate, a long, easy-grip handle to help kids reach their back teeth, and a variety of fun colors and designs to choose from.
- Fun for kids- Helps encourage children to brush
- Extra soft, varied bristles- For removing plaque and fighting bad breath
- The bristles only vibrate to provide very gentle pulsations- Not for tough plaque
- Wears out quickly- Monitor your children to make sure the brush always gets turned off
- Small grips may not be enough with younger children learning dexterity
5. ARM & HAMMER Spinbrush Pro Sensitive Ultra Soft Powered Toothbrush
It can be tough to find a toothbrush that works for your sensitive teeth.
The Spinbrush Pro Sensitive Ultra Soft Powered Toothbrush has long, flexible bristles that brush away plaque from sensitive teeth while remaining extra gentle on gums and enamel. The brush is also incredibly soft, to avoid irritating sensitive gums as well.
This brush is all about precision and is perfect for braces and those with Periodontitis disease. With interchangeable brush heads and replaceable batteries for long term use, this brush is hard to beat if you have sensitive teeth.
- Great for those with braces and sensitivities
- Works well for those with Periodontitis
- Simple design with one power setting
- Extra Gentle Pressure- May not suit users without sensitivities
- Will not function under pressure- Use gently
- Makes a lot of noise
6. ARM & HAMMER Spinbrush Truly Radiant Extra White Battery Powered Toothbrush
The ARM & HAMMER Spinbrush Truly Radiant Extra White Battery Powered Toothbrush is great for whitening.
The toothbrush includes a special whitening cup incorporated into the bristles, designed to promote whiter teeth while brushing.
The bristles of the brush are soft, and the brush heads are replaceable, allowing you to use the device long term.
To use this brush, all you need to do it press the power button. When you’re done, do the same to shut the toothbrush down. It’s simple and works to whiten your teeth by polishing them.
- Whitening and polishing
- Soft, varied bristles with length
- Good reach with the handle
- Replaceable brush heads and batteries
- Noisy operations
- Frequent battery changes
- Bulky and heavy
7. Lebond Powerup Battery Powered Toothbrush
This sleek-looking battery powered toothbrush isn’t just flash, it’s also excellent for getting and keeping your teeth clean.
This toothbrush has a 2-minute timer that pulses every 30 seconds to let you know when to switch areas of the mouth during cleaning.
You can also replace the brush heads and batteries of this toothbrush. The design is durable and long-lasting, perfect for travel.
The Lebond Powerup Battery Powered Toothbrush also comes with a travel case, 2 power settings- soft and normal, and the device is very slim and lightweight, making it easy to hold.
- Sleek and Stylish
- 2 Settings- Soft and normal
- 2-minute timer with indicator pulses every 30 seconds
- Lightweight- No extra bulk or weight to the device
- May overheat when in use
- Weak bristles- Requires frequent brush head changes
- Batteries don’t last- Requires frequent battery replacement
8. Oral-B Pro-Health Precision Clean Battery Powered Toothbrush
Compatible with many different brush head types, the Oral-B Pro-Health Precision Clean Battery Powered toothbrush is undeniably versatile.
The brush can be paired with many brush heads including the floss action, precision clean, dual clean, deep sweep, pro-white, sensitive gum care, interproximal, and Ortho refill heads.
The design of the brush is very ergonomic and easy to use, with only one general clean setting and a 2-minute timer that will pause brush function.
- Compatible with many brush head options
- Soft, rubberized handle
- 2-minute timer
- Lightweight- No extra bulk or weight to the device
- Difficult to replace batteries
- Functionality declines as the batteries drain
- Small brush head- Not ideal for everyone
9. Waterpik Nano Sonic Battery-Powered Toothbrush
This device is one of the lightest options on this list. If you enjoy the light feel of using a manual brush, but value being able to replace brush heads and batteries for long term use, then you’ll enjoy using the Waterpik Nano Sonic Battery-Powered toothbrush.
The bristles of this brush are soft, domed, and gentle, but varied enough to clean thoroughly. The brush has only one power setting, triggered by the on/off switch, and perfect for travel.
- Lightweight- Comfortable to hold
- Quirky on/off button- You need to press hard, and sometimes more than once, for the device to turn on or off due to the thick, rubber grips
- Very small brush head- Not ideal for everyone
- Bristles wear quickly- Frequent brush head replacements may be needed
10. TempIR Electric Battery Powered Toothbrush
The final battery powered toothbrush on our list is simple.
The brush has soft, replaceable brush heads, simple on and off buttons, and come in a variety of colors.
With anti-slip grips and no need for a charger, the TempIR Electric Battery Powered Toothbrush is a good choice for simple, clean teeth.
- Light and good for travel
- Comfortable to handle and hold
- Tongue scrubber on the back of the brush
- Very soft bristles- More suited for children and extra-sensitive users
- Handle vibrates- Not beneficial to the user
- Minimal vibrations- Not high powered
No matter which of the battery powered toothbrushes you choose, you should always take care to ensure it works for you, it’s comfortable, and that you like it.
Brushing your teeth is important when maintaining good oral health and hygiene, and it seems like much less of a chore when you use a toothbrush that suits you and your dental needs.
Be sure to check out our other reviews here on our website!
When traveling, take care to invest in a toothbrush travel case.